Chocolate is a no brainer, it is loved by most and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion and the ingredients. This tasty treat is sure to have people coming back for more, and more and more… You can really get creative with this recipe by adding whatever sweet treats you like – the sky is the limit!
It is also a great picnic treat just pop a few pieces in an airtight container, fill the thermos and off you go.
RUBY’S ROCKY ROAD
375g Milk Chocolate buttons (for melting)
150g Salted Peanuts
280g Packet of Pascalls marshmallows
2 x Fry’s Turkish Delight Bars – diced into small cubes (optional)
Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl – peanuts, marshmallows and turkish delight. Melt the chocolate buttons in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler). Ensure that no steam or water gets into the chocolate or it will not melt. Stir gently until completely melted. Once melted pour over dry ingredients and stir. Add to a slice tin or container lined with baking paper, you will need to work quickly as the chocolate will begin to set (I use a Tupperware container 15cm x 27cm so I can place the lid on for easy stacking and transportation.)
Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
This one won’t last long but keep it in the fridge until serving.
- Use white chocolate melts and omit the turkish delight – replace with a sprinkling of M’n’Ms in the festive season’s colours
- Use other types of nuts – macadamia or cashews
- Add a handful of Allen’s Raspberry lollies for a chewy texture
- Use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate
- Top with a little edible gold leaf for a decadent Christmas treat (looks great against dark chocolate)
- Use a mixture of chocolates (dark, white and milk) for a marbled effect
What other variations do you suggest? Try them and let me know how they go in the comments below.